Re: [K12OSN] OT: Bulk Image Resizing (from photo cds)

Roger wrote:
On 5/24/05, Vern Ceder <vceder canterburyschool org> wrote:

ImageMagick will do it...

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

with the 'convert' utility, I've done something similar to:
for i in `ls *.jpg ;do convert -size 180x180 $i -resize 180x180
+profile "*" tn-$i;done

Thanks, I used:

for i in *.jpg; do convert -resize 800x600 -quality 75 $i tn-$i; done

The really bizarre part was that I thought that an error was occuring trying to insert the images to OpenOffice.org. However the problem was that the Insert Graphics dialog would not show the files. It turns out that OpenOffice.org will not display images that have a .JPG (note the uppercase) extension. I had to rename them to get OOo to show the file names. I assume its a bug.

To try it your self run the following on a folder of .jpg files and try to insert the graphic in OOo:

for i in nr*.jpg; do mv $i ${i%jpg}JPG; done

To return to lower case:

for i in nr*.JPG; do mv $i ${i%JPG}jpg; done

Obviously I can't guarantee the commands above but they worked for me.

Tim