Re: [K12OSN] email for each user

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 09:33 +1200, Krsnendu dasa wrote:
> Can someone please guide me how to set up email addresses for each
> student and staff member?
>
> At present there is one email address for the school. Any messages
> addressed to email addresses with @harekrishna.school.nz at the end
> are delivered to my personal email account and I forward it when
> necessary to others. I would like to set it up so that every user has
> and address like user harekrishna school nz I would also like to uses
> aliases. E.g. messages sent to accounts harekrishna school nz would be
> delivered to bill harekrishna school nz  (our treasurer’s email
> address.)

First am I correct in assuming that you are hosting your site on a web
server with a catch all account? From that account you pull in mail into
your mail box?
If yes then what you have to do is to set up fetchmail with local user
delivery. something like what is appended below.
If no and you are receiving mails directly (your domain MX record points
to your IP) the in any case get to next step.

Second you will have to configure sendmail to recognise local domain.

Third (assuming you are using FC3 / K12 4.2) you will have to configure
dovecot and apache.

Webmail / squirrelmail is already bundled and you have to point your
browser to "localhost/webmail" for everything to work.

All are pretty easy to do, I will try to post a step by step how to if
you can not find it on web somewhere.

HTH
--
Sudev Barar