[K12OSN] squidguard -- which direction?

I need some reassurance here.  Does squidguard filter
/ redirect outgoing requests or incoming traffic?  (I
am using squidguard in conjunction with a firewall).
For instance, if nastyurl.com is in my blacklist, but
one of the local computers is already infected by a
virus that constantly tries to connect to
nastyurl.com, will the traffic will be blocked?

-Rob