Re: [K12OSN] SAMBA/LDAP install problems

At 10:18 AM 5/25/2005, Bill Bardon wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25 David Trask wrote:
> You've still failed to answer the two questions above....if you won't
> answer...we can't help you.  The error log tells us nothing more than
> it's not working, but without knowing what distribution of Linux
> you're using and whether or not you are using the smbldap-installer
> from the top of my page at http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap
>  the error log is
> useless.

But David, he did answer.  He's using CentOS, and he did a manual
install, not the smbldap-installer.  Here's his message again:

I did run the smblldap-installer. Version 1.2.1

And CentOS can be found at  www.centos.org

"As I said in my message, but it was toward the bottom, Centos 4.0

"I started at the beginning of your script.  I said I had fedora (I
thought  I had to say something).  The script then asked me for disk 3,
which of  course I did not have.  But as I looked through the messages,
the rpms that  were being asked from from that CD were already in the
script's  directory!  So I copied them to the temp directory that the
script was  using, and let things go.

It was where the script asked me what distro, I answered fedora. I think I tried centos, and it did not like that and asked again?

"I have not booted the system since I started the install, so if there
is something I can find...."

I have since had do boot. Did something stupid in which process I killed for something else I was doing and the GUI went blewy. Power down and restart.....

Hope this helps.

-- Bill Bardon COMPUTASSIST Omaha, Nebraska http://www.computassist.com