Re: [K12OSN] Suggested fix for Wine

ons, 25,.05.2005 kl. 12.19 -0700, skrev Eric Harrison:
> Hi folks,
>

> Trond Maehlum recently posted that increasing the virtual memory limit
> (ulimit -v) fixes the problems people are setting with wine.
>

> Try adding the following line to /etc/rc.local
>
> 	ulimit -v unlimited

When logged in as a normal user, ulimit -a still shows virtual memory
600000. And wine still show the same error.

I experimented alot with this, and I _can't_ get the ulimit -v unlimited
command to apply to normal users. I have tried it in /etc/profile
and /etc/rc.local, but it does not work.

> and reboot your server.
>

> If you have K12LTSP_LIMITS="YES" set in /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp-limits,
> you will also need to comment out the "ulimit -v" line in
> /etc/profile.d/k12ltsp-limits.sh

I do not have K12LTSP_LIMITS="YES".

Trond