Re: [K12OSN] OT: Perl advice

Respectfully, I would suggest that Python or Ruby would be as good, if not better, for a task like that. With both of them you can be up and mangling files surprisingly quickly.

Vern

Shawn Powers wrote:
I have to mangle 70 text files outputted from a grading program into 1 absurdly complex file for our student management system. I'm sure Perl is the program to use for this, but I am not a Perl programmer.

Does anyone know any good tutorials, or better yet, text file manipulating Perl examples that I could absorb into my conscienceness?

Lastly, anyone do any Perl scripting for cash, or know where I could turn if I can't figure it out in short order? Thanks,

-Shawn

-- This time for sure! -Bullwinkle J. Moose ----------------------------- Vern Ceder, Director of Technology Canterbury School, 3210 Smith Road, Ft Wayne, IN 46804 vceder canterburyschool org; 260-436-0746; FAX: 260-436-5137