[K12OSN] Bulk User Add

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Sat May 28 19:37:20 UTC 2005

The idealx smbldap-useradd script include a -B switch (try
smbldap-useradd -h for a list of options) if you set it to 1 the user is
forced to change there password at login so you could `hack / customise`
the smbldap-useradd-bulk script to include this.

If you look at line 221 in the script you'll see something like this

  my $rc = system("smbldap-useradd -a -m -g $gid -c \"$first $last\" -s
$shell -d $home $uname");

You could change it to look like this

  my $rc = system("smbldap-useradd -B1 -a -m -g $gid -c \"$first $last\"
-s $shell -d $home $uname");

Notice the added -B1 switch after the useradd bit.

I did this for custom home directories before I talked to Matt about add
this as and option. I realise it's a bit of a `bodge` but if it works
who cares *grin*

Brian