Re: [K12OSN] Bulk User Add

The idealx smbldap-useradd script include a -B switch (try smbldap-useradd -h for a list of options) if you set it to 1 the user is forced to change there password at login so you could `hack / customise` the smbldap-useradd-bulk script to include this.

If you look at line 221 in the script you'll see something like this

my $rc = system("smbldap-useradd -a -m -g $gid -c \"$first $last\" -s $shell -d $home $uname");

You could change it to look like this

my $rc = system("smbldap-useradd -B1 -a -m -g $gid -c \"$first $last\" -s $shell -d $home $uname");

Notice the added -B1 switch after the useradd bit.

I did this for custom home directories before I talked to Matt about add this as and option. I realise it's a bit of a `bodge` but if it works who cares *grin*

Brian

Mark Sarria wrote:

Yeahh.. I ran the scripts successfully, to add bulk users - great job on the
scripts guys. It worked like a charm. I noticed that the script also
generates a unique password for each user. Is there a way to force a user to
change password at next login. I can see how to do individual users but how
about bulk. Next semester I will be adding 3000 users, I would hate to have
to enter each user one by one to allow password change.

--mark