Re: [K12OSN] Mac mini as a terminal...any caveats?

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 11:05 AM +0000 wrote:
>Cool.  Let us know how it works.  The only time I have even seen a Mac
>Mini was at LW in Boston.  I remember the Gentoo guys next door to LTSP
>tried to get one to work but weren't successful.  I think the problem
>was they weren't using Open Firmware to boot and the N key trick wasn't
>perfected yet.

If anyone has a Mac Mini.....can you try it and let me know.  I don't have
the mini's yet....Apple rep is bringing them.  I'd just like to know ahead
of time of any issues I may face.  This is simply for a demo at the
moment...so we'll probably boot with the "N" key.

>How do you plan on running them?  A local OS X with the option to
>netboot ltsp?  Just curious as I have about 100 flat screen iMacs to
>deploy this summer and using a machine with 40GB drives and 640MB RAM as
>a thin only.  Problem here with booting ltsp via netboot is that I will
>also have a netinstall/netboot osx server running.  So I would need a
>boot menu to do the trick.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School