[K12OSN] HP MaxiLife not responding?

David Neimeyer admin at bookpeople.com
Tue May 31 22:44:20 UTC 2005

John,

It not uncommon for vendors to create "hidden" partitions that host
diagnostic, monitoring, and system restore software/utilities.  So, if
you are doing a new install of ANY distro, and do not cater to these
partitions when initializing your partition table, you'll
unintentionally write over those utilities.

I totally forgot about that while trying to salvage an old dual pII
Compaq Proliant recently: the result was that I have to buy a special CD
from HP/Compaq if I want to utilize the onboard sensors and hardware
RAID. (plus install a Windows OS to use the CD...blah)

I would guess this may be what you are seeing.

David Neimeyeradmin at bookpeople.com
BookPeople, Inc.
System Administrator
admin at bookpeople.com
800-853-9757 x402
512-472-5050

2005 Publisher's Weekly Bookseller of the Year
"The Best Bookstore in the Country"