[K12OSN] smbldap-installer and Ubuntu, EdUbuntu

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Nov 2 03:25:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:19:37 GMT, cliebow wrote
> fwiw: my smbldap has six sites for the whole district.homedirs on a
> seperate fileserver and segregated by school and year..
> so on fileserver there is /home/EHS/ /home/EMS /home/CCK etc for teachers
> abd /home/2006 /home/2007 etc..this is all scripted based on either input
> from csv or one at a time..
> i have scripts built to addsinglestaff addmultiplestaff addsinglestudent
> addsinglestaff resetpwbyyear resetperms tied to a simple python gui i
> cotched together..
> via ldapbrowser the directory is also broken out by year and staff by
> school..chuck

Maybe you need to get to the meeting with David so he can help with
documenting your progress :-)

I saw your first version of the gui, from what I remember it looked very
easy to decipher and make additions to.

I think many could benefit from some good documentation of your work.