[K12OSN] I need some software to automate the recess buzzers

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Wed Nov 2 12:58:02 UTC 2005

Actually, there is a simple little program that is very simple to use
called lptout.  I am not sure where to get it, but I can give you a copy
of it.

You just issue a command:
lptout n
where n is a number between 0 and 255 and it will turn on or off the
data pins on the parallel port.

The pins could be programmed for lots of things using cron jobs or even
just manual scripts.

I haven't played with it much, but it works good during crude tests I did.

Notice!  If you get it, make sure you know how to connect to the
parallel port because incorrect connections can damage the port and if
it is integrated. . .

Doug