[K12OSN] School administration software

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Wed Nov 2 14:35:15 UTC 2005

George,

The grade book application is now web based. The reason we are leaning more
towards PowerSchool is because it is very robust and I don't see Apple going
out of business anytime soon Not because of the success of OS X, but because
the iPods are a craze still and keeping Apple alive. Plus with the advent of
Mac OS X running on Intel based PCs I think an increase in Mac OS X usage
will rise. I for one am not a Mac fan, even though it is *nix based. That's
another story though...

PowerSchool is very versatile and runs on both Windows and Mac
servers...doesn't run on a Linux server yet. The representative I had talked
to from PowerSchool made it sound like they are creating a version that will
run on Linux servers. However, because PowerSchool is web based it isn't
platform dependant.

No matter what SIS your district is looking at, I highly highly highly
highly recommend going web based.

-Paul

Paul VanGundy
Technology Coordinator