[K12OSN] School administration software

george kocke webmaster at vol.org
Wed Nov 2 18:05:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 10:28, Les Mikesell wrote:

> If you already have windows licenses and just want to avoid the dual
> boot or extra machine, you might try VMware, especially now that
> the runtime vmplayer is free.

We're going to either use Gradequick (yuck) or Gradekeeper. I've played
with both in plain WINE and Codeweavers and both work for the most part.
The problems I've run into are with screen corruption and help functions
not working. Gradekeeper works the best with WINE, is a very simple
program and incredibly inexpensive. $100 for all users in a school.

I've also thought about using either qemu or the new vmware player to
set up virtual Windows 95 machines that run just one program. I have
lots of 95 spare licenses thanks to K12LTSP. I'd need a dedicated
machine for that, though.

--
george kocke <webmaster at vol.org>
http://www.vol.org