[K12OSN] dhcpd.conf trouble

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Fri Nov 4 19:02:56 UTC 2005

Julias

Not sure if this is an answer to your question, but we run our Mitel
phones off an Asterisk PABX on the same VLAN as the K12LTSP server,
and the K12 box gives IP addresses to the phones. Maybe a separate
VLAN is better, but I can attest to the fact that they work just fine
on the same VLAN, without any unusual settings required. We have a
fairly low traffic volume on our LAN - around 20 thin clients and
only 5 IP phones, which may be why we don't have a problem . No
problems with default gateway and DNS in our arrangement, using an
almost standard form of Eric's dhcpd.conf.

cheers
ed