[K12OSN] interesting way to use Cygwin/X

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Nov 5 19:54:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 12:26, Rob Owens wrote:
> Is there a way to get GNOME to give you the
> applications menu by right-clicking on the desktop?
> (Like the way it works in XFCE, IceWM, and others)

I don't think so.  I'd really like to be able to
execute just the gnome menu button remotely so
it would automatically pick up new programs as
installed but I haven't found any way to do it.

You can sort-of get access to the launchers by
throwing a symlink to /usr/share/applications on
your desktop but there is no organization and a
lot of junk.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com