[K12OSN] K12ltsp 4.2.1-EL

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 11 14:26:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 06:40, Eric Brown wrote:
> I've been fighting this problem for about three days now, and I'm
> frustrated.
>
> I've been trying to install the EL version of K12LTSP on a server.  I've had
> the fedora version on it in the past, and I'm doing a fresh install.  My
> problem comes when I hit the third cd, with the package xhtml1-dtd.  It says
> the package is corrupted, or the cd is.  So I downloaded the iso again, ran
> the MD5 check again, and burned it again only to get the same results.  I
> even borrowed a blank cd from a friend just in case my cd's might be bad.
> Always the same error.
>
> Any suggestions to a work-around?  There is no option to ignore the package,
> just click on ok, or restart the process, both of which I've done many times
> over.
>
> I remember having the exact same package giving me problems on previous
> installations, but re-downloading or re-burning always seemed to fix the
> problem.

Sometimes CD's work better if you use a lower burn speed, but
if you can download the image files to an NFS-exported directory
you can boot the first CD with 'linux askmethod' at the
boot prompt, pick NFS as the install method and point it
to the server and directory.  Even if you don't have trouble
with the CDs it's much faster that way and you don't have
to swap any disks.

--
   Les Mikesell
     les at futuresource.com