[K12OSN] LTSP live cd success, sort of

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 18:07:32 UTC 2005

My hard drive at home crashed, so in the meantime I'm
running my computer off the Ubuntu Breezy Badger Live
CD.  Using Synaptic, I installed the LTSP packages
into RAM.  I had to do a bunch of configuring, but the
end result is that I am running LTSP off of a live cd.

It is very slow to open applications, but once they're
open they seem to work at normal speed.  For instance,
I can use Rhythmbox to play music on the thin client
in my living room (luckily all my music was on a
separate hard drive).

-Rob