[K12OSN] lightweight file manager with good thumbnails

Keith Olson ksoftconsulting at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:05:21 UTC 2005

Peter Hartman wrote:

>Hey all,
>I've been looking around for a lightweight file manager than nautilus
>that has has good thumbnail support.  I tried xfe but it completely
>locks up when you use thumbnail view with hi-res pictures.  Is there a
>way to integrate gthumb into a file manager.  Is there maybe a file
>manager that has a button to launch gthumb using the current folder?
>Any recommendations?
>
>Thanks,
>Peter

I haven't had time to check it out, but NDN (http://ndn.muxe.com/) now
has a Linux version.  I've used the DOS/Windows versions for /years/ and
consider them absolute necessities for any admin.  Think 'Midnight
Commander on steroids'.  It is strictly a text-mode program, but it can
easily launch any program you want (four different ways - two types of
launching, plus edit & view) for a given file type.

--
Keith Olson
K-Soft Consulting