[K12OSN] K12LTSP wireless?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Nov 17 13:53:48 UTC 2005

Perhaps but not necessarily; there are a lot of cards out there.  Since you reference
eth0 and eth1, are you thinking of putting wireless cards in the server?  I see two
problems with that plan: 1) wireless bandwidth, which is shared, won't handle many
client connections before it gets saturated; 2) running a wireless card in the server
suggests you want to try wireless clients, which isn't very feasible at this point.  A
package was made a year or two ago that would work with some wireless client cards, but
the list is quite short.  It's kind of a catch-22: to talk to the wireless card, there
has to be support for PCMCIA, but to do that you have to have a kernel loaded, but to
load a kernel you have to have networking working which means supporting PCMCIA, and so on.

More information on what you want to do would be helpful.  Tell us what you have in mind.

Petre