[K12OSN] NFS Mount /home....Users Menus missing

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Nov 17 21:14:15 UTC 2005

> Actually let me correct that, if I add new users without /home
> mounted over NFS it works perfect.  If I add a new user with NFS
> mounted it seams to hang and not create the user.

While it appears to hang creating the user in Webmin I log in via ssh and can
see that there is a user.lock file under /home.  Say I create a user joeblow I
have a /home/joeblow.lock file while webmin is hung trying to create the user.
 Is this a sign of a permission problem?

If I simply try to create a test directory called testdir under /home as user
root I don't have any problems.

The only user I can successfully log in as with menus us root.