[K12OSN] Blog/CMS for student use

Ryan Collins mr.rcollins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 23:58:38 UTC 2005

On 11/17/05, Roger <roger.in.eugene at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody looked at a CMS or Blog software for use in an academic setting?
>
> Ideally, it would have some sort of preview function by the teacher
> before publishing.
>
> I looked at wordpress, but that doesn't seem to have the ability to
> preview by a higher authority before publishing.

Wordpress level 1 users can write posts, but cannot publish. It
requires someone at a higher level to publish. So you can set up a
blog in wordpress, make the teacher the administrator, and the
students level 1 users. They can write drafts all they want, but it
requires an administrator to publish. You can also set it to allow
approval of all posts.

They are also coming out with a multiple users version of Wordpress
(http://mu.wordpress.org/), so you can run one installation for all
your blogs. I hacked this into our installation of wordpress so we can
use it.

I really like Wordpress for it's power in it's simplicity.

--
Ryan Collins
Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools