[K12OSN] Thar she boots!

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Nov 23 06:54:55 UTC 2005

eharrison at mesd.k12.or.us wrote:
>cliebow at downeast.net wrote:
>> Eric!!!!ive been running 4.2 built from cvs for a week or so with nary a
>> hiccup..Best..chuck
>>
>I'm running my desktop at work on the 4.2 cvs now as well.
>
>Now on to getting ltpfs to work ;-)
>
>-Eric

I now have ltspfs working on a fully-patched K12LTSP 4.4.1 server (it
requires the very latest 2.6.14 kernel).

I don't have the automagic bits working, I had to enable a shell
(SCREEN_02 = shell in lts.conf), switch to the shell, manually
mount the device (mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /tmp/devices), and then
switch back to the X session. Not exactly user-friendly yet, but the
"magic" part of "automagic" is working ;-)

I built new packages, but left the packaging conflicts in place so
no one installs these by accident...

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/ltsp-4.2/

-Eric