[K12OSN] Online calendars

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Tue Nov 29 17:20:51 UTC 2005

Hoover Chan wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Brian Chivers wrote:
>
>> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:27:05 +0000
>> From: Brian Chivers <brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk>
>> To: Support list for opensource software in schools. <k12osn at redhat.com>
>> Subject: [K12OSN] Online calendars
>>
> re: Sunbird/ical losing data
>
> Under what conditions does it lose data? Repeatable?

I have ical files on a apache server with a webdav share subscribed to
from sunbird on windows and linux, and iCal on Mac OsX.  It also
displays the calendar data on web with PhpICalendar.

I have corrupted my calendar file a lost data a few times, but haven't
looked into the cause, I just back it up regularly with backupPC.
(Thanks Les!)

It seems to happen when I have multiple calendars left open in different
locations all syncronizing.

I'm still looking for a more stable free calendar, preferably with
client support on multiple Operating systems.  (we can wish, right?)

Ben