Re: [K12OSN] Idea for when Windows programs need to be run...

Bill Kendrick wrote:

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 01:08:50PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
I'm overjoyed that Tux Paint might be a good replacement for Kid Pix.
Can it load Kid Pix data files?  I'll try it out soon.

You know...?  That's an excellent question!  Having never used Kid Pix,
I have no idea!

I've heard rumor that Kid Pix includes some support for animation, which
is about the only feature Tux Paint lacks.  (Then again, Tux Paint is
a painting program... I've always had it in my mind to eventually create
a full-fledged, Tux Paint-compatible animation program.)

Aside from that, I suppose it's just a matter of figuring out what format
Kid Pix stores its files in, and if it would be legal to create an import
tool to handle it.

Tux Paint, of course, uses PNG files and (at least on Linux) comes with
an import tool so you can throw a collection of JPEGs, GIFs, or whatever
at it, and they'll appear in Tux Paint's "Open" dialog. ;^)

Anyone here have any idea what Kid Pix uses?
TuxFantaVision(http://tinyurl.com/7ag2e) would be favourite! I remember my physics teacher using it to create 'multimedia' illustrations before the word was even coined. Here is a link to emulators to try it out: http://kegs.sourceforge.net/ To feed your A2 addiction more, check out Apple ][ Mania (http://radiovibrations.com/apple.htm) I can email anyone the system ROMs if they can't find them.

--

Keith Olson
K-Soft Consulting