[K12OSN] School administration software

Hello all,
Maybe there have been discussions about this, but I've been out of
touch because of Hurricane Katrina. My school (www.ccchristian.com) is
in a suburb of New Orleans. We've been using "School Minder" for
administrative purposes -- attendance, grading, reports, cafeteria --
the whole range of school needs.
    We were closed for six weeks due to the hurricane. During that
time, due to stupidity on the part of cleanup crews, our server and
several other (undamaged) computers were discarded, so we have to
start from scratch. I would love to talk the powers that be into
letting us switch to Linux, but all they know is Windows. It would
really help if I could present a testimonial. Does anybody know of a
school that is actually using a Linux (or other open source)
alternative to School Minder to run their school?
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice instruction com