[K12OSN] Idea for when Windows programs need to be run...

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Nov 2 07:30:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:32:34PM -0600, Petre Scheie wrote:
> Hey Bill,
> Would it be possible to add a 'bomb' button under the Erasers that would
> erase the whole picture, complete with some sort of exploding animation and
> nifty explosion sound?

Heh, that was one of the first thing people told me that Tux Paint lacked,
and that Kid Pix had.  And they were always HAPPY Tux Paint lacked it! ;^)

>  My son likes both Tux Paint and Kid Pix; but he
> tends to favor KP because he'll spend hours making drawings and blowing
> them up just to see and hear the explosion (wonder where he gets that?).
> Of course, that may be of dubious educational value.

Yeah, that's why it never occured to me to add such a feature. :^)

But hey, maybe in some upcoming version.  (With, of course, an option to
disable it ;^) )

As a kid, things that were over stylized for kids, or "wacky for the sake
of being wacky" annoyed me.  It made me think: "man, adults just don't
get it!" ;^)  So when I made Tux Paint, I tried to make it fun, but not
too in-your-face.

I've seen some recent screenshots of Kid Pix in magazines, and it really
looks kind of confusing and over-the-top. :^)

-bill!