RE: [K12OSN] School administration software

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 20:04, Paul VanGundy wrote:

> I wholeheartedly recommend PowerSchool or iPASS (which runs on a Linux
> server) because they are web based and any computer running that has access
> to the Internet can access the database.

I was looking at PowerSchool last year to replace our DOS based program
for Catholic schools (PDS). I liked PowerSchool, but the problem last
summer was that the gradebook application was not web based and was for
Windows or Mac OSX only. Do you know if this is still the case?

PowerSchool was not the right program for us anyway. We went with the
Windows upgrade for PDS as we didn't have to do any data conversion at
all. Now I just have to find a way of getting a Windows based gradebook
program to run under Linux.

--
george kocke <webmaster vol org>
http://www.vol.org