Re: [K12OSN] command to change the private network settings for K12LTSP

Henry Burroughs wrote:

Is there a script to change all the private network settings (/etc/hosts, lts.conf, and other files)? That way if someone is trying to deploy it already on a 192.168.0.* network, they can "instantly" switch over to a network of their choice?

I am giving a presentation Friday at SCISA in SC, and I want to be prepared! =)

A crudely cobbled solution written in less than 5 lines.

!Please! be careful with its use. ;-) The script takes 3 items from the command line and changes all items specified first with items specified second in the file specified third

ex call: quickhack 192.168.0 10.1.1 /etc/hosts
The example above would change all 192.168.0 with 10.1.1 in /etc/hosts

#!/bin/sh
perl -pi -e "s/$1/$2/g" $3

Do with it as you will.

Scott