Re: [K12OSN] OT: VMware offers free player with Ubuntu vm

Is there any K12LTSP virtual machine out there?

--Huck

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
I usually hand out Knoppix, Mepis or DSL live cd's to all my
programming students. But I just tried VMware's free (as in beer)
player

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

with their Ubuntu vm

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/browserapp.html

It will work on windows or linux. So students can use (a stripped down
version) of Ubuntu on top of Windows at home.  No need to reboot and
it has persistence.  Only catch is you really need 512MB for it to
work properly, 256 is just too small for both windows and linux
combined.

--
Robert Arkiletian