[K12OSN] good, cheap pci video card?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Nov 3 14:11:47 UTC 2005

After I donate blood at the Red Cross, I stop at the used computer parts store next door
and usually pick up a few PCI video cards for $5 a piece.  I've never had any trouble
with any of them in client machines, so I don't even look that closely at what I'm
buying any more.  I make sure they have at least 2MB of RAM, which is necessary to
support 16-bit color at 800x600.  I think some have had SiS chipsets, others were Tseng
or Trident.  Check your local used computer shop.  Just about any card will do

Petre