Re: [K12OSN] Sound issue with Gnome

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 22:13 -0400, Timothy Legge wrote:
Hi

I have two servers installed with k12ltsp 4.4.1 on one sound works fine.

The other I only get sound if I open a terminal window an run the
applications from the command prompt.  (Flash does work fine in Firefox
though).

I figure that Gnome is not picking up the correct settings but I don't
know where to look.  Any idea what might be happening?

Tim

I ran into sound problems with certain apps, especially since I run KDE.  My solution was to make sure that lts.conf was told to use ESD instead of NASD (that allowed sound to work right in GNOME), and I also told KDE to use ESD.

--TP