Re: [K12OSN] Sound issue with Gnome

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:57:02PM -0500, Timothy Legge wrote:

I still can't figure out why launching the apps from a
terminal windows works but does not via the gnome
application launchers (short cuts).

Do the shortcuts pass any command-line arguments, or set an env. vars?
Are any env. vars set when you run from the terminal that, for some
reason, are not set when you access them via app. launchers in Gnome?

Maybe some reference to the sound system is/isn't being set...?

That is pretty much what I think. Somehow gnome is not setting the sound variables. I guess a diff between the two etc directories (one working one not) my bring it to light.

Tim