RE: [K12OSN] new install help needed

Thanks for offer.  I have attached the files to this message.

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of Terrell Prudй, Jr.
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 11:40 AM
To: Support list for opensource software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] new install help needed

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 11:25 -0500, Dick Kempton wrote:

I recently installed version 4.4.1 on my computer that only had one NIC. All worked fine and I was able to connect to my Road Runner connection thru a cable modem.

When I installed a second NIC, a 3com 3cSOHO100-TX, the default set up connected to my client computer correctly.  But…now neither client nor server can connect to Internet.  Eth1 is set to DHCP and eth0 is set statically to 192.168.0.254.

I even did a fresh install with both cards installed and used all of the defaults.  I still have no Internet access. How can I get eth1 to connect as it did previously before the second card was installed???

Thanks for any help.

DK

Shoot us a copy of your "/sbin/ifconfig" and "netstat -rn" outputs.  I suspect a routing issue.

--TP