Re: [K12OSN] server specs for K12LTSP

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 09:35 -0500, Dan Hopson wrote:
> I am needing minimum and medium range server specs to run K12LTSP to a
> 24-station lab here at the school.  I would like to stay with Opteron CPUs.
> Thanks

I recently built the following machines for about $2500:

-Single Opto 265 Processor
-4GB RAM
-Dual SATA drives
-Dual GB NIC

And they are each serving 25-50 clients quite comfortably. I do have the
home directories off-loaded to another machine (accessed via NFS on the
second GB interface) though, so you may want to go up to 10K RPM SATA
drives or SCSI if budget allows.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-