Re: [K12OSN] website blocking

I built a Squid / Dansguardian content filter in about 10 minutes using Ubuntu 5.10. Apt-get is a wonderful thing.

Config files were very straightforward and the documentation is pretty good.

I'm running it on any ancient P2 with 128 MB of ram and it runs fine.

I just created a rule on the firewall which prohibits outbound traffic on port 80 and 443 from the terminal server to the internet. But, there is also a rule which allows those ports from the squid/dansguardian box.

That way, students HAVE to use the proxy. They can't mess around or else they can't access the internet at all.

Petre Scheie wrote:

Joseph Bishay wrote:

Hello,