[K12OSN] A Beowulf server for K12LTSP?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Nov 9 18:50:29 UTC 2005

The problem with clustering, in a K12LTSP context, is that not all apps will migrate
well from one cluster node to another.  But I think there is a simpler route: Have one
machine act as server (you'll probably want to add a bit of RAM) and dedicate one
machine to each application.  Have all the app machines NFS mount /home, then just have
icons that call 'ssh appserver app' for each application.  You'd want to pare down the
number of apps to just those needed, but it might work.  It would at least be
interesting to see the results.

Petre