[K12OSN] Fedora LTSP or Ubuntu LTSP, that is the question

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Nov 9 20:01:16 UTC 2005

Jim....we just got back from Ubuntu Below Zero in Montreal....the current
EdUbuntu with LTSP included is not ready for primetime....it was a last
minute "shove in".  BUT....it will be ready for "Dapper" which will be
released in April.  The "Breezy" version still has issues.  There are MANY
exciting things coming....local devices (very cool) and even
cooler....simple clustering....easy to configure....then add machines with
no HD's to simply add computing power...or add a clone.  Ivan gave a
presentation and it is in use at a hospital in Zagreb Croatia in grand
style....I was truly impressed...and it should be easy for folks to
do....very easy (GUI easy).  So...my advice?  Hold off for now...come to
LinuxWorld in Boston...and we can play with the new Dapper Drake version.
:-)