[K12OSN] website blocking

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 11:26:53 UTC 2005

--- Petre Scheie <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:
> That's come up before: For DansGuardian or
> SquidGuard to work, they must be installed on
> a machine separate from the terminal server; it
> won't work if you install it on the
> terminal server.

You can actually get it to work on the terminal server
with some fancy iptables work.  Don't ask me how, but
I did it once.  Basically you configure iptables to
intercept all requests bound for port 80 and redirect
them to the squid server (port 3128, I think).  I
think you have to do it for both incoming and outgoing
traffic, but I'm not sure about that.  Can anybody
comment on this?

-Rob