Re: [K12OSN] Fedora LTSP or Ubuntu LTSP, that is the question

Jim McQuillan wrote:

Thanks, but keep in mind that Eric and I are also working VERY closely
with the Ubuntu developers to make Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Edubuntu as
robust as possible.  In fact, we just got back from the Ubuntu
developers meeting in Montreal, where we created specifications
for the next release (6.04 - Dapper Drake).  Expect future versions to
knock your socks off.

I'm going to echo Jim's comments. While the first crack at a "Muekow"
implementation (Ubuntu 5.10) is not 100% perfect, it is clear that there
are no technical hurdles to making it meet and exceed the "traditional"
LTSP implementation.

Given how far the Ubuntu crew has come in just a few short months, I too
expect the future versions to knock my socks off.

I have started to port Ubuntu's "Muekow" implementation to
RedHat/Fedora, with the hopes of having it ready for K12LTSP 5.0.

-Eric