[K12OSN] verynice won't control python

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 04:04:11 UTC 2005

Thanks for getting back to me.  Unfortunately, none of that worked.  I
have a feeling this has to do with the convoluted way that I got this
working.  When I install childsplay and pygame with yum everything
looks good but it won't actually run. Running from the command line I
get this:

[admin at k12linux ~]$ /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pygame/base.so:

  Childsplay depends on pygame.

  You must first install the pygame package.
 Due to the fact that this package has some tricky
 dependencies, you better install the one that came with your distribution.

Mind you it's there and base.so has no permissions problems. So, I
installed pygame from source, picked up it's x86_64 deps and installed
your RPM with -nodeps since it wouldn't see pygame in lib64.  Pygame
is now in /usr/lib64/python2.3/site-packages/.  I tried installing
childsplay from source but I only get two of the games.  One of which
is the cpu offenders and it remains to be so.  I bet if I use your k12
pygame and childsplay the cpu problem will go away.   Why is it that
they aren't working together for me? Any help you could give would be
great.  The kids freakin' LOVE this game.

Thanks,
Peter