[K12OSN] disallowing multiple instances within a certian period.

Is there a way to disallow multiple instances within a certain period?
Say 10 seconds?  This would be SO useful to us and I imagine others as
well (especially for the apps that take a long  time to load.)  If
there isn't already this functionality in Linux then I guess there
could this be done by a daemon?  All the worst offending programs
would have to be run [daemon] [program].  Then daemon checks to see if
the user has executed the app in the period of time set by the user.
Does such a thing exist?

Thanks,
Peter