[K12OSN] lightweight file manager with good thumbnails

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Tue Nov 15 01:19:17 UTC 2005

The rox file manager has the 'desktop icons' built in as part of it.
You start it with 'rox --pinboard=XXXX'  where XXXX is the name of
the pinboard you want to use.  (SO I could have --pinboard=play and
--pinboard=work if I wanted to have 2 different sets of desktop icons)

My wife and kids all used rox/iceWM and a silver WinXP theme when we
shifted off Windows.  I of course had to set up the run command stuff
and Icons first (as mentioned earlier in this post) but the transition
was really smooth thanks to Rox.

(P.S. -- I accually use Debian, and it is called rox-filer but if I
recall correctly, K12/Redhat/Fedora all just use rox)