Re: [K12OSN] Sound

from another post of yours, I guess you are using KDE.  I think KDE automatically starts its native sound server, "arts".  You need to tell it not to, and you should be able to do that in the KDE Control Center.  Otherwise, arts will grab the sound card and not let anything else use it.

-Rob

NONE NONE <gKw-X shaw ca> wrote:
Hey guys,

I added this to my conf file:

Set "SOUND" to "Y"
Set "SOUND_DAEMON" to "esd"

for sound and it works for some things (I just tried freeciv on a client and there was music), but it doesn't work for tuxtype, or the gcompris educational package, for example. What am I missing?