[K12OSN] NFS Mount /home....Users Menus missing

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Nov 17 21:31:40 UTC 2005

My guess is there is a permissions problem for the user.  I believe some files related
to gnome are created/modified when the user logs in.  If the user's processes can't do
that, then gnome will misbehave and perhaps this is the manifestation.  (I'm just
speculating here.)

Have you tried sshing to the LTSP server as a user, meaning you'll end up in a /home
directory on the NFS-mounted /home from the other machine?  And then can you touch and
write files?

Petre