Re: [K12OSN] NFS Mount /home....Users Menus missing

My guess is there is a permissions problem for the user. I believe some files related to gnome are created/modified when the user logs in. If the user's processes can't do that, then gnome will misbehave and perhaps this is the manifestation. (I'm just speculating here.)

Have you tried sshing to the LTSP server as a user, meaning you'll end up in a /home directory on the NFS-mounted /home from the other machine? And then can you touch and write files?

Petre

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Actually let me correct that, if I add new users without /home mounted over NFS it works perfect. If I add a new user with NFS mounted it seams to hang and not create the user.

While it appears to hang creating the user in Webmin I log in via ssh and can
see that there is a user.lock file under /home.  Say I create a user joeblow I
have a /home/joeblow.lock file while webmin is hung trying to create the user.
 Is this a sign of a permission problem?

If I simply try to create a test directory called testdir under /home as user
root I don't have any problems.

The only user I can successfully log in as with menus us root.