[K12OSN] NFS Mount /home....Users Menus missing

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Nov 17 21:52:49 UTC 2005

> Sounds like you're not using Samba/LDAP...how come?

I had this all working perfect under a different setup.  OSX, Windows, and
linux all using roaming profiles.  Then on the first day of school I found out
that all files without extensions (thanks mac os9 and prior) would not open
until the right extension was assigned.  If the file systems were mounted with
NFS they had to know the right extension and assign it (yeah right).  So this
threw me into a whirl of rebuilding and concept changes.  Now I have the
results of a late night after the first day of school.  I need to go back and
build things off of a new authentication server, just haven't gotten there
yet.  Very frustrating at the time.