Re: [K12OSN] NFS Mount /home....Users Menus missing

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 16:41 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 16:04, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > > The quick fix is to create a user that works, cd into that directory
> > > and cp -aR . ../otheruser , then chown -R otheruser /home/otheruser
> > > which is easily scripted if you have many otherusers.
> >
> > Turns out if I create a new user with the /home nfs mounted that user has no
> > menus as well.  So I don't have any good files to copy.

Do you have the panel at all?  You said at the beginning that the top
and bottom menus are missing -- do you mean the entire panels on top and
botom (including clock, taskbar, pager, etc) are not showing up?

If so, when you log in and run ps ax |grep panel, are there any
gnome-panel's running?

-Toshio