[K12OSN] Hidden Folders in home directory

As I try to troubleshoot various issues, I've come to the conclusion that I
would find it really helpful to have a summary of what the hidden folders in
users' k12ltsp home directories are (through doing a "ls -a"), and what their
purposes are.

So far I've had little success in compiling such a list by searching online.
Can anybody point me in the direction of a link or file that contains
the 'meaning' of these hidden folders?

Thanks

Ryan Hackl