From: Petre Scheie <petre maltzen net>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP wireless?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:53:48 -0600

Perhaps but not necessarily; there are a lot of cards out there. Since you reference eth0 and eth1, are you thinking of putting wireless cards in the server? I see two problems with that plan: 1) wireless bandwidth, which is shared, won't handle many client connections before it gets saturated; 2) running a wireless card in the server suggests you want to try wireless clients, which isn't very feasible at this point. A package was made a year or two ago that would work with some wireless client cards, but the list is quite short. It's kind of a catch-22: to talk to the wireless card, there has to be support for PCMCIA, but to do that you have to have a kernel loaded, but to load a kernel you have to have networking working which means supporting PCMCIA, and so on.

More information on what you want to do would be helpful. Tell us what you have in mind.

Petre

Dan Hopson wrote:

I am just getting started with Linux networking. Will K12LTSP work with all wireless NICs on both eth0 and eth1?

Thanks, Dan.