[K12OSN] SquidGuard client requests

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Nov 18 17:22:51 UTC 2005

Depending on how many different classifications of users & privileges you have, you
could use dedicated app servers, one for each class.  Then, depending on a given user's
class, the icon for launching Firefox would call FF on the appropriate app server, and
you could build your block lists on squidGuard based on the address of each app server.
  I can elaborate on this if necessary.  Since the app servers are running just one app,
FF, they don't need to be as speedy or have as much RAM as the terminal server; so older
boxes, if you have them, might suffice for an app server.  I can elaborate if you need.

Petre