[K12OSN] winbind loses connection to AD server

We now have K12LTSP authenticating to our Windows 2003 Server with Active Directory. The home directory also functions as desired. BUT the ltsp box keeps losing the connect to the AD. A simple wbinfo -u command then restores the connection and users can again login. In fact this connection will at times only last a few minutes before you have to "reconnect" back to AD.
we are puzzled as to why this is happening.

Joe Guenther